Monday 15 July 2019

Great Grills and Amazing Food. Sunday Street Food Market at 7NG Park, Cambodia - Asian Street food

Getting straight to the point is preferred in a street food environment. So stick to the basics – the non-negotiable ingredients you can’t have. For me, I can’t have any meals with soy sauce or oyster sauce, which both contain gluten. Sugar won’t kill me.




Of course, there are other gluten-containing sauces and deep fried “crispies” added to numerous meals in Cambodia, but those are easier to visually spot and avoid. Soy sauce and oyster sauce have a way of sneaking in.



 


To make things easy, I had my hotel receptionist write down these two phrases in Cambodia. Then, I practiced the phonetic pronunciation with her until I sounded like a local. Or more accurately, where I didn’t completely sound like a farang!

No comments:

Post a Comment